The City welcomes customer service requests and feedback as a means of improving our service to you. To simplify the complaints process, the City has developed a Customer Service Commitment and Complaints Resolution policy position and procedure.

The easiest way to lodge a service request or feedback is to use our online "Report It" form. Alternatively, you can download our customer service request form below, or pick up a copy from our office at 102 North Road.

Customer Service Request Form (42KB) View File  OR   Download FileManual Customer Service Request.
Customer Service Commitment and Complaints Resolution Policy & Procedure (312KB) View File  OR   Download FileThis document summarises our service commitment to customers and details how we address customer complaints.

What is a service complaint?

  • A service complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with a standard of service, a process, a product, or the behaviour of an employee or contractor.


  • Only directly involved parties can lodge a service complaint.
  • A service complaint arises after all reasonable attempts have been made to resolve an issue on an informal basis.
  • Service complaints cannot be made where another avenue of appeal already exists e.g. State Administrative Tribunal.

How to lodge a service complaint

  • A service complaint can be lodged with the City by completing a ‘Customer Service Complaint Form’.
Customer Service Complaint Form (54KB) View File  OR   Download FileFor City Officer's to investigate your complaint it will be necessary to complete the relevant sections of this form.

Minor misconduct in context

  • Minor misconduct, as defined in the Corruption, Crime and Misconduct Act 2003 (CCM Act) is actually not that minor.
  • To meet the definition, the misconduct should be so significant that it could reasonably lead to termination of a public officer’s employment if proved.

I think it might be minor misconduct?

  • You can report any reasonable suspicion of minor misconduct involving a public officer to the Public Sector Commission (PSC).
  • To assist you, the PSC has prepared fact sheets you might find useful, specifically:
  • If you suspect the behaviour you have seen or experienced is minor misconduct you can report it to the PSC or the City's Public Interest Disclosure (PID) Officer.

Consider confidentiality

You can choose to tell us who you are, or remain anonymous when you report. The things you might like to consider include:

If you identify yourself

  • We will be able to ask you for more information if we need it
  • We can tell you what action we intend to take based on your report
  • We will know your identity and it will be recorded in our database
  • If the matter is referred to the public authority to investigate, we might have to provide your contact details to them to enable the matter to be investigated.

Remain anonymous

  • Our ability to assess your complaint may be limited
  • We will not be able to ask you for more information if we need it
  • We will not be able to tell you anything further about the report once it is made.

Other options 

  • If your confidentiality is important, you might also like to consider lodging a public interest disclosure with the public authority concerned.

The Corruption, Crime and Misconduct Act 2003 (CMM Act) defines a public authority and public officer. The City of Albany is a public authority and generally speaking, a public officer may be anyone using public resources to carry out a public function under a written law. Public Officers, include:

  • Elected Members (Mayor & Councillors)
  • Chairpersons and committee members
  • Employees
  • Contractors

The Manager Governance & Risk  is the designated Public Interest Disclosure (PID) Officer for the City of Albany.

Public Interest Disclosure Procedures (PID) Policy and Procedure (838KB) View File  OR   Download FileThe purpose of this procedure is to outline the actions that are to be taken by the City of Albany in relation to complaints about corrupt or improper conduct by a City of Albany elected member, employee or contractor in the exercise of their public functions, as required by the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2003.