Bin Days & Bulk Collections
The City of Albany manages waste activities throughout the municipality in conjunction with Transpacific Cleanway and Vancouver Waste Services.
For further information, please click on the links below.
To check when to put your bins out, simply fill in the form below and click 'Find Bin Days'.
Search Bin Days
- When will my bins be collected? (679KB)If unsure of your zone phone Cleanaway service centre on 13 13 39
- 2019 Community Calendar (3MB)The 2019 Community Calendar contains important information regarding Albany's War on Waste, as well as your weekly bin collection schedule.
Residents with a regular kerbside wheelie bin collection service can place up to two 6x4 trailer loads or two cubic metres of GREEN WASTE ONLY on the verge.
THERE IS NO BULK HARD WASTE COLLECTION IN 2019.
Please have your green waste out on the verge by 6am on the Monday of your scheduled start date. Please do not place your waste on the verge more than 7 days prior to your zone's start date.
ZONE A - COMMENCING 27 MAY 2019
McKail, Millbrook, Milpara, Orana, Warrenup, Wilyung, King River
ZONE B - COMMENCING 3 JUNE 2019
Bayonet Head, Gull Rock, Kalgan, Kalgan Heights, Lower King, Swan Point, Walmsley
ZONE C - COMMENCING 10 JUNE 2019
Albany Central, Centennial Park, Collingwood Heights, Collingwood Park, Emu Point, Lange, Mira Mar, Seppings, Spencer Park, Yakamia
ZONE D - COMMENCING 17 JUNE 2019
Cuthbert, Elleker, Gledhow, Lockyer, Mt Clarence, Mt Melville, Middleton Beach, Port Albany
ZONE E - COMMENCING 24 JUNE 2019
Big Grove, Frenchman Bay, Goode Beach, Little Grove, Mt Elphinstone, Robinson
Bulk hard waste collections will be held every two years to improve cost efficiency and encourage residents to reduce, reuse, recycle and repair.
When is the next Bulk Hard Waste Collection?
The next Bulk Hard Waste Collection will be in 2020.
What can I do with my bulk hard waste when there is no collection?
When buying new remember to ask retailers if they will take your old items for recycling or disposal.
- During years when there is no bulk hard waste collection ratepayers will receive a pass with a total of two entries to Hanrahan Road Waste Facility for up to 300kg of waste each time. Passes are sent with rates notices in August each year.
- If items can be broken up gradually place the pieces in your general waste bin.
Donate goods in suitable condition to:
- Fossicker’s Tip Shop or local op shops (please check with op shops what they will accept first)
- Facebook groups such as Pay It Forward Albany & Surrounds and Albany Buy & Sell
- Websites such as Freecycle and Gumtree
Dispose of items not suitable for reuse or recycling at:
- Hanrahan Road Waste Facility (FREE PASS ONLY VALID HERE)
- Bakers Junction Refuse Site (1206 Chester Pass Road)
- Kronkup Transfer Station (Lower Denmark Road)
- Manypeaks Transfer Station (South Coast Highway)
- South Stirling Transfer Station (South Stirling Road)
- Wellstead Transfer Station (Bouer Road)
- Redmond Transfer Station (Redmond Road)
What if I'm renting?
Waste passes are sent to ratepayers with annual rates notices. If you are renting please check with your property manager to see if they have waste passes available or can assist you.
What if I don't have a ute/trailer or am unable to transport bulk waste myself?
When buying new remember to ask the retailer if they will remove your old items for recycling or disposal.
If you have a friend or family member with a ute or trailer ask if they are able to assist you with transporting your bulk waste.
- Several local companies offer collection services and/or skip bins for bulk rubbish and recycling, including services for transporting small loads.
Fossicker’s Tip Shop at Hanrahan Road Waste Facility
Accepts items suitable for resale, recycling and disposal including:
- Goods in reasonable condition for resale such as: furniture, homewares, working electrical items, bicycles, clothing, books and toys, in addition to garden, renovation and outdoor products, for resale in Fossicker’s Shop
- Items for recycling: including mobile phones and accessories, batteries, ink cartridges, light globes and tubes, gas bottles, televisions, computers and commingled recyclables (paper, cardboard, plastic and glass containers, steel and aluminium cans).
Household hazardous waste: such as cleaning products, paint and smoke detectors, can also be deposited at no charge to residents.
Garage Sale Trail
Save the Dates! Plan ahead to host a garage sale during the Garage Sale Trail – Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October 2019. Pre-register your interest at www.garagesaletrail.com.au