SilverSport provides up to $200 towards the cost of sport and active recreation program fees. To apply for SilverSport applicants must be:
- A resident of the City of Albany;
- Aged 60 years or older; and
- Have a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
To apply, download and complete the Application Form below
Once you have joined your preferred sporting or active recreation club, use these tools to help you maintain your motivation and physical activity.
The Goal Setting Booklet will help guide you through setting goals to get active, and sustaining this so you build good habits.
The Activity Planner is designed to give you a daily reminder to stick with your physical activity plan.
- Goal Setting Booklet (282KB)Goal Setting Booklet for SilverSport Recipients
- Silversport Activity Planner (256KB)Activity Planner for SilverSport Recipients
To see what sporting and active recreation opportunities are available to SilverSport participants, please click the link below to download a list of current approved providers.
- SilverSport Providers (42KB)List of registered SilverSport providers
For more information about SilverSport please contact the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre on 6820 3401 or by email alac@Albany.wa.gov.au.
Sporting clubs and other recreation providers wanting to become eligible SilverSport providers can contact the Club Development Officer on 6820 3451 or by email Judith.want@Albany.wa.gov.au.
SilverSport is an initiative of the government of Western Australia, delivered in partnership with local government.