Vancouver Arts Centre
Vancouver Arts Centre is an active community arts centre and gallery and home to many local arts and craft groups.
Our key purpose is to develop the creative capacity of our region and we focus on supporting the practice of art-making through delivering a diverse and engaging artistic program that empowers our community and the cultural sector.
We run an annual program of touring, private and curated exhibitions, workshops, community arts projects and performing arts events, which aim to serve our existing customers and reach new audiences.
Our facilities are available to hire by individuals and groups for cultural activity.
Based in a historic building (the original hospital), our venue is special and unique and attracts visitors from outside the region to visit the gallery and enjoy a self-guided heritage tour.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and Saturday 10am - 3pm.
You can find out what current events and exhibitions we have by finding us on facebook @AlbanyArts, by looking at the Events section on the City's website or by registering for our monthly e-newsletter by emailing us at email@example.com
For more information please visit the official website www.albanyartprize.com.au
For more information please visit the official website www.greatsouthernartaward.com.au
The Vancouver Arts Centre’s Artist in Residence Program is now open for applications for the period July 2019 to June 2020.
We are seeking expressions of interest from artists who work in any discipline and are interested in undertaking a residency with us. Resident artists will be housed in our self contained cottage at Mary Thomson House adjacent to the Vancouver Arts Centre and will be provided with a studio for the duration of the residency.
Please see the attached document for more information on how to apply and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- 2019/2020 Artist in Residence Application and Information (450KB)2019/2020 Artist in Residence Application and Information
We are seeking interest from artists, curators, art groups and community organisations who are keen to present an exhibition at the Vancouver Arts Centre in the 19/20 financial year. A number of supported exhibition options are available and we aim to achieve a diverse mix of exhibitions in this period that will be engaging for the local community and for visitors to the region.
Please see the attached application pack for more information and contact email@example.com with any enquiries.
- Albany Exhibition Program Application Form (292KB)Albany Exhibition Program Application Form
See our latest Newsletter HERE
The Vancouver Arts Centre supports the delivery of community arts and cultural programs. Our facilities include workshop & studio spaces and two gallery spaces. Accomodation in Mary Thomson House is available to visiting artists.
Information sheets and booking forms for the 2018/19 financial year are available here.
For further information on availability or to discuss whether our spaces will suit your needs please call us directly on 6820 3740.
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Occasional Room Hire Information (116KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Occasional Room Hire Information
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Occasional Room Hire Form (186KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Occasional Room Hire Form
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Gallery Hire Information (119KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Gallery Hire Information
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Gallery Hire Booking Form (121KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Gallery Hire Application Form
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Mary Thomson House Accomodation Information (360KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Mary Thomson House Accomodation Information
- Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Mary Thomson House Accomodation Booking Form (101KB)Vancouver Arts Centre 2018 - 2019 Mary Thomson House Accomodation Booking Form
A number of art, craft and other groups have their homes at the Vancouver Arts Centre and meet regularly throughout the year. Groups include:
ACE Camera Club, Albany Art Group, Albany Film Society, Albany Floral art Group, Albany Pottery Group, Albany Weavers, Albany Spinners, the Community Living Association, Porcelain Painting Friends, Susan's Painting Classes and the Writer's Room.
All groups meet regularly, run their own programs/workshops and are keen to attract new members. For more information please contact us and we will put you in touch with a representative from the group that you are interested in.
The Vancouver Arts Centre run a Painting class with Helen Leeder-Carlson on Wednesdays, Contact us directly for information about dates and to book in.
General Enquiries and Bookings: 08 6820 3740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Arts Centre Team Leader: 08 6820 3745
Arts Development Officer: 08 6820 3746
Visual Arts Officer: 08 6820 3747
Arts Administration Officer: 08 6820 3748
Follow us on Instagram: @Vancouver_arts
Find us on facebook @AlbanyArts
Find us at 85 Vancouver Street, Albany, WA, 6330