Skip to Content

Communities FAQ

How do I request in-kind support for my cultural project, event or activity?

The City of Albany through its cultural services will consider providing in-kind support to arts and cultural projects, events or activities, usually through the provision of venue facilities at the Town Hall, Library, Vancouver Arts Centre or Town Square or through equipment loans such as busking amps, mobile PA and exhibition equipment.

Please download an application form from the link below and your request will be considered by the Vancouver Arts Centre Team Leader.

Please allow plenty of lead in time to allow your request to be processed.

Who should I contact about an idea or proposal for an arts or cultural related project, event or activity?

The City of Albany welcomes new ideas from the community relating to new projects in the CBD. Please contact the Community Services Team on 6820 3000 or [email protected] if you would like to share your idea.

Can the City of Albany auspice my grant application to a third party funding body for an arts or cultural related project?

The City of Albany can on occasion offer auspicing for large grants where community groups submit a minimal number of applications to the City for withdrawal of the monies.

For individual applications or small grants, the City of Albany recommends contacting Creative Albany, who are a not for profit organisation who provide an auspicing service for local artists and small arts and cultural groups. Please see Creative Albany Website

I would like to get involved as a volunteer in arts and cultural programs or events, who should I contact?

Please contact the Vancouver Arts Centre in the first instance to discuss how you can get involved in arts and cultural programs as a volunteer on 08 6820 3740 or [email protected]

How do I get a letter of support for a funding application?

Visit our Community Funding and Sponsorship page below, for the application forms to apply for a Letter of Support from the City of Albany. Please allow plenty of time before your grant is due to submit your letter of support application, as it can take up to 10 days to be processed.

City of Albany - Community Funding & Sponsorship Page

How do I apply for a community lease or licence?

All enquiries for a community lease or licence are to be directed to the City's Property and Leasing team by email [email protected].

How can I apply for a memorial plaque or memorial seat in the City of Albany?

The City supports the application and implementation of memorial and commemorative plaques and seats across the municipality. 

Public memorials aim to recognise residents who have made a significant contribution to the Albany community and be placed in locations that do not compromise existing Council policies or development plans for the long term maintenance of reserves across the city. 

Please note that the City is no longer taking applications for plaques on the Ellen Cove Boardwalk due to an exhaustion of suitable space. 

Memorial seats and plaques are available by reviewing the guidelines and submitting an application here